With the Coronavirus COVID-19 sweeping through the United States and having a negative impact on businesses, OnTheClock has switched over to remote working during this pandemic. We took the time to listen to what the professionals are recommending, along with the concerns and feedback from our employees. Last Thursday, March 19th OnTheClock designed a work from home policy and rolled it out to their employees to start working remotely the next day.
The transition is new to us since our team is established to work from our office. Fortunately, technology has given us the capability to act proactively and implement a work from home environment for our employees to be successful, while taking care of our customers at the same time.
Creating an Internal Plan to Protect Our Team Against COVID-19
OnTheClock took the time to create a detailed plan for our employees and outlined our newly working operations for the time being. This plan included providing our employees with the proper equipment and communication technology to perform their duties effectively and efficiently in order to be productive. Our highly-skilled IT professionals were able to establish safe and secure VPN/RDP access to connect our team with their office work, tools, and other necessities while working remotely.
Here is what our CEO had to say regarding the implementation of OnTheClock’s Coronavirus Internal Plan:
"We understand there are concerns with everything going on relating to the coronavirus. We have listened to our employees’ concerns and developed a plan to help ease these concerns by offering a work from home plan."
- Dean Mathews
The newly remote working schedule will constantly be monitored based on CDC guidelines for businesses and government mandates.
Tools That Are Used to Stay in Communication With Employees and Customers
Communication is key to our success. Our employees must be able to properly communicate with one another in order to provide accurate and excellent support to our customers. Additionally, it is crucial for OnTheClock to communicate directly with customers.
Essential communication tools used to keep teams and customers united while working remotely:
- Employee time tracking - using our very own time clock software allows our employees to punch in and out remotely to track hours worked. Time cards automatically reflect these hours so they can be sent to payroll for processing - keeping everything accurate and streamlined.
- ProoHub - work management system where clients, teams and projects are located under one roof.
- Freshdesk - is used as our helpdesk software for customer service to receive and respond to tickets. We are able to deliver seamless ticketing responses to resolve questions, concerns and inquiries about our time clock system in a timely manner.
- LiveChat - helps us to connect with our customers and provide a convenient method for them to contact a customer support specialist. This non-intrusive form of contact allows us to connect with the public and build trust.
- RingCentral - used as our phone system to connect our customers and support team through direct calling. Our phone lines are open during our core hours of operation between 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
- Monday.com - this tool has been a great project management system for us to use in order to track current, future and past projects.
- Email and G Suite - company emailing is a quick and convenient way to keep employers and employees in contact. G Suite is a solution to easily access docs, spreadsheets and other information from the cloud. We also have the capability to share documents with one another no matter where our location may be.
- Video call - great for keeping up with weekly meetings and allowing us to collaborate and stay focused on our company’s goals. Plus, it gives us that true “meeting feel.”
- In-house CRM - we can access customers’ accounts to achieve accurate answers when need be. A representative can accurately notate an account to reflect details that were discussed for future reference; building customer relations.
All of these tools, plus some, ensures OnTheClock’s infrastructure is up and running as usual for all departments. We are dedicated to providing top-notch service through thick and thin.
We’ll Help Your Business Track Employee Hours Worked While Working From Home
Transitioning to remote work doesn’t have to be cumbersome. It is important to keep your business safe and operational. Without adding additional expenses to your business, OnTheClock has created an offer for those affected by COVID-19.
This special employee time tracking promotion is designed to help all businesses, including those who are resulting in a work from home policy due to the coronavirus pandemic. We are offering free time tracking services to new accounts who are being affected by COVID-19. Our goal is to provide a free time tracking solution to small businesses so they can further their operations as seamless as possible.
Your employees will have the capability to clock in and out from home. Time cards are automatically calculated through our cloud-based time clock software. This means all time data is recorded in real-time to provide accuracy and convenient access from any device with an internet, wifi or mobile data connection. Once your workweek is completed, your employees’ time cards can be sent to payroll for processing.
Additionally, employees are able to gauge how productive they are while working from home. Chances are that your employees are used to a specific schedule. When making the transition to working remotely, employees can be left with establishing a new routine and need to appropriately track their time to understand how efficient they are performing.
What to Expect Next
OnTheClock will continue to monitor the situation caused by the coronavirus. In the meantime, we encourage qualified businesses to take advantage of our employee time tracking through July 1, 2020. Our team will be working remotely until further notice, and we will continue to provide all customers with a valuable solution to tracking employee hours worked. OnTheClock will provide updates as needed, so be sure to follow us on our social media platforms; LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Stay in touch and let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
OnTheClock Provides Free Time Tracking to Those Affected by COVID-19
OnTheClock has helped over 15,000 companies track employee hours worked.