Add Single Day button
This button is used when you want to add a time entry for an employee. When you click on this button it will take you to the Edit Time Card Entry page. Here you will choose the employee’s name and date of the entry. Next, you choose if you want to add a punch or just add hours.
- Add punch can be used when an employee fails to punch in for the day or you want to add punches for a day. Here you put in the punches you need, Job, Dept and you can add a "Punch Note" which will show on the Time Card when you check the box for Show Punches. You can put in multiple punches in/outs by clicking on the "add punch" button in the top right corner. NOTE: It should not be used to edit punches for a day.
- Override Hours can be used it to create a time card entry using over-ride hours. Just follow the Override Hours Help by placing your cursor on them to determine how you want the hours to show on the Time Card. There is a Timecard Notes area which you can notate any editing that was done so you have a record of it. There is a 1000 character limit and the note will show on the Time Card. Timecard Notes will show on the Time Cards Page without checking the box for Show Punches.
- In the Monetary ($) section, you also have the option to put in Tips, Bonuses and/or Commision for that day as Dollar amounts. This option is available for both the Added Punches or Override Hours.
- Make sure you click on the Save button when you are finished.
Add Multiple Days button
This button is used when you want to add hours for an employee on multiple days. This option does not let you put in Punches, only Override Hours. When you click on this button it will take you to the Adding Multiple Days page. Here you will first choose the employee’s name. Next, you put the number of hours in the row for each day you want to put in hours. Just follow the Override hours help below to enter your times.
An Employee Forgets to Punch In or To Add the First Punch In for a Day.
To add a punch in time for an employee that forgot to punch in or to add the first punch in for a day, you do the following.
- Click on Time Cards.
- Click on the green Add Single Day
- Choose the Employee.
- Choose the Date.
- Click on add punch.
- In the "In" box you put in the first punch for the day. You can use the drop down to choose a time (on the half hour) or you can manually type in the exact time you want.
- Optionally you can fill in the Department, Job or put a note as to why the entry was made. These notes will only show up when you check toe box for Show Punches in the Search and Filter area.
- Click on the SAVE
- You are back to the Time Cards Page.
Deleting Time Card Entries
To delete a day in the Time Cards just click on the red X button, . Note you will be asked to confirm that you want to delete this entry. When you confirm the deletion the record is deleted and there is no recovery of that day.
Editing Time Cards
To edit a time entry for an employee, click on the day you want to edit, or you can click on the Edit button. The "Adjusting day for" will come up. In this window you can do the following:
You can edit the Punch in Times. You can use the drop-down menu to choose half-hour increments or you can just type in the exact time you want.You can also choose a Department and/or Job.
You can add additional punches by clicking the "add punch" button.
If the employee worked past Midnight then you can check the box for "after midnight".
You can put in Over-Ride hours which will nullify any punches the employee made that day. Just follow the "show over-ride/PTO help" on the page to determine how you want the hours to show on the time card.
When you are finished click on the green Save button and it will take you back to the Time Card page.
Time Card Notes
Timecard Notes have a 1000 character limit and it will show on the Time Card. The "Punch Notes" will show up when you check the box for Show Punches in the Search & Filter section.