What is a manager and what can they do. Managers do not have access to the System Settings, Billing Information, Company Information or setting up Managers. Managers to receive emails with notifications and messages from employees, so it is important that they have a valid Internet email address.
Only an administrator can set up, edit and delete managers.
- Click on the “Settings” button in the top menu.
- Click on “Setup Managers” on the page. This is where you add any managers for the employees.
- Click on the green “NEW” button.
- Fill in the Name of the manager.
- Put in the email address for the manager. (This must be a valid Internet email address, not an internal network email address. Managers are emailed employee notifications, such as PTO and IP enforcement violations.)
- Put in a Password or use the Random password generator button to create one for you.
- Choose Permission Levels. To see explanation of Permission Levels below.
- You can now send a welcome email. Managers must have a valid Internet email address.
- Click on the green “Save” button.
- Add as many managers as you need.
- If you want to edit a manager you click on the yellow Pencil next to their name.
The following are the Managers Permissions you can set.
All: Can manage all employees in the account.
Assigned: Can only manage employees assigned to.
Full: Can edit and print Time Cards.
Read Only: Can only view and print Time Cards.
View Employee Payroll: Check to box to allow the manager to view the payrates, leave the box uncheck if you do not want them to see the payrates.
All Managers have the ability to do the following unless restricted by permissions above:
- Add, delete and change employee’s records of employees.
- View, edit and export time cards of employees.
- View and approve PTO of employees.
- Add departments to better categorize your employees and timecards.
- Add & delete jobs codes for job costing.