To install the OnTheClock FingerPunch you need the following:
- A computer with any version of Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
- A USB port
- Internet Access
- Your OnTheClock.com Account Key (To find your account key you need to log in as the administrator into your account. Click on Time Clock Settings and you will find your account key in the Options section.)
- NOTE: You must install the software as the administrator of the computer. The software will not install for a user with standard access.
Download the software:
- Log into your Ontheclock.com account
- Click on the Help button
- Click on Software Downloads in the menu
- Download the FingerPunch Software
Software Installation Procedure:
- Plug in the Fingerprint reader into a USB port.
- If Found New Hardware starts, cancel it.
- Run the FingerPunchSetup.exe you downloaded as the administrator of the computer.
- Follow the instructions and when it is finished it will ask you to set your account key.
- Click on OK.
- The Settings window will come up and you put your account key in the space provided and click on Save Settings. (You can copy and paste it in) (To find your account key you need to log in as the administrator into your Ontheclock.com account. Click on Time Clock Settings and you will find your account key in the Options section.)
- Reboot the computer.
- Click on the OTC FingerPunch Icon.
- Hover over the Blue bar and click on Change Settings.
- You will need to put in your Administrator password in the field and click on OK.
- Double click on an employee
- Click on Turn On
- Click on Add Fingerprint.
- Have the employee put their finger on the scanner.
- You can add additional fingerprints for each employee. (At least one from each hand is recommended as a preventative measure in case their finger is injured.)
- Click on Done.
- Then add additional employees the same way.
- When you have finished close the Settings by clicking on the Red X in the top right corner.
- Place finger on the reader.
- Internet Explorer will open up with you logged in.
- Click on Punch In (or Punch Out)
- Confirm Punch In / Out.
- You can leave Internet Explorer up if other employees need to punch in.
If you need to Reinstall the software.
Sometimes it becomes necessary to re-install the software if it becomes corrupt. So the following is the process to reinstall the Fingerprint Reader software. Note: You must follow the instructions to properly uninstall and reinstall the software or the software may not work.
- You would first need to uninstall both the Digital Persona U.are.U RTE software as well as the Ontheclock.com Finger Punch software.
- Go to your Control Panel to uninstall the software.
- When it gives you the list of programs you first uninstall the Digital Persona U.are.U RTE software.
- After it is uninstalled Do Not reboot the computer at this time if it suggests it.
- Then you uninstall the Ontheclock.com Finger Punch software.
- You will then need to reboot your computer. This will finish uninstalling both software programs.
- Then once the computer is back up you have to sign on as the administrator of the Computer (not as a standard user) before you can re-install the software. If you try to install the software as a Standard user it will fail to work.