OnTheClock.com does have a Punch Rounding option. The administrator can find this on the Time Clock Settings page, Basic Settings tab.
OnTheClock.com options for punch rounding are as follows:
- 0 – This is no punch rounding so all times are actual times the employee clocks in.
- 6 – This would be rounding by the 1/10 hour or 6 minute increment rounding, 3 minutes before and 3 minutes after each 6 minute increments.
- 15 – This option is the Quarter Hour rounding, 7 ½ minutes before and 7 ½ minutes after each Quarter of an hour.
The following are examples and the examples are in this format. Hour: Minutes: Seconds 7:56:59
0 punch rounding gives exact clock in and out times.
6 minute Punch Rounding works like this:
- Employee punches in at 7:57:00 thru 8:03:00 it rounds it to 8:00
- Employee punches in at 7:56:59 it rounds to 7:54
- Employee punches in at 8:03:01 it rounds to 8:06
- All Punches are on 6 minute increments.
15 minute punch rounding works like this:
- Employee punches in at 7:52:30 thru 8:07.30 it rounds to 8:00
- Employee punches in punches in at 7:52:29 it rounds to 7:45
- Employee punches in at 8:07:31 it rounds to 8:15
- All Punches are on 15 minute increments.