Reinstalling the Fingerprint Reader software
Sometimes it becomes necessary to re-install the software if it becomes corrupt or quits working. So the following is the process to reinstall the Fingerprint Reader software. Note: You must follow the instructions to properly uninstall and reinstall the software or the software may not work.
- You would first need to uninstall both the Digital Persona U.are.U RTE software as well as the Ontheclock.com Finger Punch software.
- Go to your Control Panel to uninstall the software.
- When it gives you the list of programs you first uninstall the Digital Persona U.are.U RTE software.
- After it is uninstalled Do Not reboot the computer at this time if it suggests it.
- Then you uninstall the Ontheclock.com Finger Punch software.
- You will then need to reboot your computer. This will finish uninstalling both software programs.
- Then once the computer is back up you have to sign on as the administrator of the Computer (not as a standard user) before you can re-install the software. If you try to install the software as a Standard user it will fail to work.