What do UBR, PBR, TIP, BON, and COM mean?
Our time clock support staff is asked this question a lot. What are these and what do they have to do with Time Tracking. Over the years our clients have been asking us to add more tracking to our Time Cards page. So we have listened and added the following new items to the Time Cards page.
- UBR stands for Unpaid Break – These are break times that are not paid to the employee. These times are automatically figured using the times the employee punches out for breaks.
- PBR stands for Paid Break – These are break times that the employer is paying the employee for their breaks. There are 2 ways that the employer can give the employee a paid break.
- TIP stands for Tips – In this column, you can only put in monetary ($) amounts.
- BON stands for Bonus - In this column, you can only put in monetary ($) amounts.
- COM stands for Commission - In this column, you can only put in monetary ($) amounts.
These column headings, as well as the others, can be changed by the administrator. They would hover over the Settings button and choose Time Clock Settings. Then choose the Advanced tab. Here they can change the Name of the column and Export Name as well as choosing which columns they want to be visible on the Time Cards page. The only columns that cannot be invisible are the Total and REG columns.