Xero + OnTheClock
OnTheClock integrates with Xero, you can send employee time sheets over to Xero for payroll processing. There are a few simple steps to get your accounts connected and ready to send time time cards to Xero.
Connect Xero To OnTheClock
- Go to https://www.ontheclock.com/frmSignOn.aspx and sign on as the “Administrator”
- Hover over “Settings” then click “Time Clock Settings”
- Click on the “Payroll Providers” tab, then click “Connect To Xero”
- You will be directed to the Xero login page, enter your Xero email and password, click “Login”
- Xero will display your company, click “Allow Access”
- You will be directed back to OnTheClock and should now see the “Connected To My Company” message
Congratulations, your OnTheClock and Xero accounts are now connected
Configure Pay Periods
You have various pay period(pay schedule) options such as weekly, biweekly, semi-monthly and monthly. These settings must be configured the same between Xero and OnTheClock.
To determine your OnTheClock pay period settings…
- Hover over “Settings” then click “Basic Settings”
- You will see the “Pay Period Type” and “Pay Period Start Date”
To determine your Xero pay schedule…
- Log in to your Xero account
- Click “Settings” then click “Payroll Settings”
- Click the “Schedule” tab
- You will see your pay period setup here
Confirm Employee Names Match
When sending time cards to Xero from OnTheClock, the employee first and last names are used to map hours over to Xero. Please verify that all employees first/last names in your Xero account match identically to the employees in your OnTheClock account
Sending Time Cards To Xero
Once you have connected to Xero and confirmed matching pay periods/employee names you can send time sheets directly to Xero
In your OnTheClock account, click on “Time Cards” and you should now see the “Send To Xero” button. Select the pay period you would like to send to Xero, then click the “Send To Xero” button.
The time cards will be transmitted to Xero, you can now go to your Xero account, click “Payroll” then click “Time Sheets”. Here you will see the hours from OnTheClock.
From here you can run payroll using Xero. For instructions on processing payroll please contact Xero customer support.
Invalid exception - this generally means that the pay periods in OnTheClock are not matching the Xero pay periods, please use the instructions above to resolve this