Benefit to the OnTheClock User
When the holidays or days off for the year are known in advance, they may be easily added to the time cards in advance for one or more employees. Instructions are for holiday, but vacation, personal, sick, etc. all work the same.
To Add Hours in Bulk From a Browser (see 9:15 in video)
- Log in as the administrator.
- Click “PTO” at the top of the screen.
- Select “Add Bulk PTO”.
- Check the box next to the employees to be given holidays or time off.
- Select the year from the drop down menu.
- Enter the number of hours in the “HOL” field next to the appropriate holiday.
- Click “Save PTO” button near the bottom.
- Confirm additions by clicking “Time Cards” at top of screen and choose appropriate pay period to view.
- Holiday hours successfully added will show up under the appropriate date.
To Correct Previously Entered Bulk PTO
If you previously added Bulk PTO hours using this page and did it again for the same days then the PTO for the selected employee/date will be overwritten with the new PTO hours specified the second time you added Bulk PTO. You cannot use 0 for the amount of time. If you want to remove PTO then you need to go to the "Time Cards" and delete those days for the employee(s).
NOTE: In the time cards on the date you added PTO you will have a note similar to this. **This timecard entry was bulk added on 12/28/2019 4:49:40 PM
We also have three "Custom Dates" that you can use as well; you just put in the date in the box. If you need more, you may click "Save PTO" and repeat this process again to add more custom dates.
Click on the Links Below for Other PTO Related Topics