OnTheClock offers a QuickBooks Desktop Import tool for download to help you seamlessly send your hours from OnTheClock to your QuickBooks Desktop account.
To import a CSV file into QuickBooks you need to download the Ontheclock QuickBooks Importer from our website. It can be downloaded here....
QuickBooks Desktop Timecard Importer
For help setting up your QuickBooks Desktop import tool and getting hours from OnTheClock into QuickBooks, watch our setup video.
- Job & costing information cannot be sent to Quickbooks Desktop. This includes jobs, projects, customers, tasks, and department information.
- The QuickBooks Desktop Importer will only send time to the default payroll items in QuickBooks Desktop. Your payroll items must be labeled as the following: Hourly, Overtime (x1.5) hourly, Double-time hourly, Triple-time hourly, Hourly Vacation, Hourly Holiday, Hourly Sick, and Hourly Personal.
- We do not send over salary hours at this time, only hourly payroll items will be sent to QuickBooks Desktop.
- We are not compatible with Contractor Editions of QuickBooks Desktop
- The Import tool is only compatible with Microsoft-based computers; no tool is available for MAC users.
Open your QuickBooks session→ Go to the Employee Center→ Select an employee from the list and go to ‘Payroll Info.'→ In Earning Codes enter in the default payroll items, and check the box ‘Use time data to create paychecks’ is checked to run Payroll. (highlighted below)
NOTE: we only map hours over to the default items you see listed in this sample.
Click the Import Tool download link→ Follow the prompts in the install wizard. Be sure to install this on the computer as the Admin of your PC.→ Once installed, you will have a desktop icon labelled “OnTheClock.com Importer.” → To initiate the tool, you will want to have QuickBooks Desktop opened.→ Once opened, you will see the following screen:
Log in to your OTC account as an administrator or manager.→ Go to the Timecards and then click the “CSV Export” for the pay period you wish to import.→ Save the downloaded timecards in a folder on your computer.→ In the Desktop importer, select ‘Browse for file’ and select the timecards you downloaded from OTC.→ In your Importer tool you should see timecard data displayed below.
Click “Send to QuickBooks→ Once your upload is complete, you will see a green progress bar that says Done, X time cards sent to QuickBooks:
Close the import tool
Go to your QuickBooks Desktop session.→ Click Employees.→ Select ‘Enter Time.’→ Click “ Use Weekly Timesheets.”→ Adjust the date range to be within the weeks you sent to QuickBooks from OnTheClock.
You will see time data displayed with a description of OTC added. Here you can verify that the hours match OnTheClock.
NOTE: You will only be able to display the timesheet in a weekly view in QuickBooks Desktop.
If you are running multiple company accounts, switch your setting in the beginning when you open up OTC Importer to ‘Yes, Prompt each time’
You will want to be in "Single user mode" to import over hours into the QuickBooks account.
Make sure OnTheClock appears as an application name and has a check under allow access.
Go to Edit> Preferences> Integrated applications→ Second Tab Company Preferences.
Try hitting Reauthorize.
Need more help?
Submit a ticket